Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Which brand of coffee is the Rolls Royce of all coffee?

This is a discussion on Which brand of coffee is the Rolls Royce of all coffee? within the Coffee Reviews forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; I don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but I'm a huge fan of Bowtruss coffee. Especially their two espresso blends, a little on the ...

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but I'm a huge fan of Bowtruss coffee. Especially their two espresso blends, a little on the pricier side. But so worth it to wake up to in the morning.

2. # ADS

Some mentioned Starbucks and Tim Hortons, you guys need to get out and try some GOOD coffee.
    That's like when people say Millers and Bud is a good beer lol
    Totally agree with it depends where you are, find some good coffee shops/bars and try their espresso.
    If you like it ask what kind of beans they use, some will tell you some won't.
    I roast my own and not many shops can measure up.
    I have a few favorites, but I like to try different beans, I don't like to pay high price so usually looking out for the best deal.
    Some I had before are: Sumatra, Kenya, Burundi, Ethiopia, Brazil, Colombia, Guatemala, Vietnamese, Costa Rica, Tanzania, El Salvador, Mexico.
    Roasting and blending decides how well it tuns out, I like to experiment and sometime roast a single origin, as it can be surprisingly good.
    The latest Brazil beans I bought are very good, but I had some before that was just so-so.

Quote Originally Posted by barebeans View Post
    Some mentioned Starbucks and Tim Hortons, you guys need to get out and try some GOOD coffee.
    That's like when people say Millers and Bud is a good beer lol
    Totally agree with it depends where you are, find some good coffee shops/bars and try their espresso.
    If you like it ask what kind of beans they use, some will tell you some won't.
    I roast my own and not many shops can measure up.
    I have a few favorites, but I like to try different beans, I don't like to pay high price so usually looking out for the best deal.
    Some I had before are: Sumatra, Kenya, Burundi, Ethiopia, Brazil, Colombia, Guatemala, Vietnamese, Costa Rica, Tanzania, El Salvador, Mexico.
    Roasting and blending decides how well it tuns out, I like to experiment and sometime roast a single origin, as it can be surprisingly good.
    The latest Brazil beans I bought are very good, but I had some before that was just so-so.
    i just started drinking coffee recently but i have tasted many places before but nothing has come close to the taste of Brazilian coffee for me. Love it. i pay about 10-12 bucks for a 12 Oz bag. not sure if thats a good or bad price.

I agree with Coffee Lover 1- nothing beats Lavazza coffee. But that's just my opinion. Everyone has different taste buds and so their favorites in coffee will differ- some people just need to discover what it is. Keep trying if you still haven't found yours- either through a local roaster or online.

** is my favorite brand of coffee.

Please see Forum Rule #6 here:

Rules and TOS
    Last edited by PinkRose; 11-29-2012 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Removed reference to OG

starbucks !!

If you read the testimonial page on my website -- davenportcoffee.com -- you'll see that one of our fans says that our coffee is "like a BIG Lavazza or Illy" and is now his favorite coffee. So obviously our Red Rooster Coffee must be the Rolls Royce of All Coffee.

Oh, and besides that unbelievably self-serving plug, I'd say most of the roasters on this forum make a Rolls Royce in one form or another.

And then there's the day-to-day RR, what we roast regularly, and then there's the Gold Cup Maximo Supremo Ultimo Fantastico -- that rare instance when we get our hands on an exceptional bag of beans and cry because we have to sell it to make a living instead of hoarding it so we can drink it all -- every last drop -- ourselves!
    Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been -- Jimmy Buffett (via Mark Twain)

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    ... I'd say most of the roasters on this forum make a Rolls Royce in one form or another.
    I agree.

Any coffee you can get fresh roasted (within the last 24-36 hours) is going to be the best coffee you have at that moment. Continuing to explore coffee in this fashion will provide the best experience.

Although there are many great coffees out there, Many of the BIG operations can not provide truly fresh coffee. Once 10,000 pounds are roasted, packaged, shipped to the local distribution center, then to the store for you to purchase, it could be 2-3 months old. If it is GROUND coffee that you are buying, you really are not getting the best experience. Dont waste money on ground coffee if you are looking for the "best".

It is widely believed that "Ground" coffee is at its flavour peak for about 5 minutes. Think on that for a while.

Note: Green coffee can be good for months, roasted coffee for 14-30 days. Once brewed, coffee is at its peak for about 2 minutes. Ouch !

Hey Motif,

The Rolls Royce of all coffee is the one you like the best. It's all about the flavor and your taste.

I suggest finding a local roaster that does organic fair trade coffee! I LOVE LOVE Middle Fork Roasters out of Seattle their coffee is the best I have had! But then again its all in what you like!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Ads