Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Which brand of coffee is the Rolls Royce of all coffee?

This is a discussion on Which brand of coffee is the Rolls Royce of all coffee? within the Coffee Reviews forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; For the best and most expensive coffee you should of course check out Kopi Luwak. You can buy it online at www.negaricoffee.com...

For the best and most expensive coffee you should of course check out Kopi Luwak.

You can buy it online at www.negaricoffee.com

2. # ADS

Motif - what's your "Motive?

Surely, that's a loaded question

The best one I've ever tried was Starbucks' Private Reserve Kona Coffee (brewed in a Clover). That was some kind of heaven.

I am sure Starbucks would have decent coffee but I haven't found one as of yet.... That doesn't mean i have tried all of their coffee but I love any single origin beans that was roast fresh would be better then most of the staled blend coffee that are being sold in national chain or reseller coffee houses.

My all time favorite is freshly roasted aged 2 days in cold air Blue Mountain Peaberry medium roasted brewed in my french press(bought from Local roaster)..... I had that few weeks ago and I could not get enough of em.... and I was sucking on last drop of the coffee out of my french press.... Yummmmmm

Super Moderator
    I'm curious....... How do you age the freshly roasted beans in cold air for two days?

The local roaster developed this method of aging like meat. He roast very high end coffee and keep them in the temperature and moisture controlled room(like wine cellar) and he circulate the air with exhaust fan and he leave in the cooler(that's what he calls it) for 2 days. I thought the taste was amazing. I do not know if the aging method really matters but he swears by it works.....

PinkRose, any fresh roasted coffee needs to age before use, otherwise most is too harsh to consume from the degassing process. This is especially true when used for espresso. After much tinkering I have an aging/vacuum packing/freezing process I go through when buying in 5 lb. increments from our roaster. This allows me to have extremely fresh coffee as needed for 5-6 weeks after roast.

Can't say that aging under certain conditions is truly more beneficial, but if it works for you/customer then so be it. For the coffee that I use for espresso I know it starts to peak at day 5 after the roast (based on using thousands of pounds of that coffee) and letting it sit at room temperature in the foil lined bag for exactly 5 days, then vacuum packing/deep freezing will give me 5 day old coffee every time I thaw/open a new jar. And people think coffee is just coffee, lmao.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Super Moderator
    Does the degassing process totally stop when the roasted beans are frozen? When I freeze coffee beans, I get a huge whiff of roasted coffee when I open the container that I put them in. (I put the beans in small freezer bags and put the freezer bags in a large Tupperwate container, and then I put the Tupperware container in a large freezer bag and put the whole thing in the freezer.)

I was wondering if they still degassed in the freezer....maybe they're still degassing as they're slowly freezing and that's what I smell when I open my frozen stash of coffee beans??

Rose

I don't think degassing stop because of the beans are frozen but after about 4-5 days, I think degassing process stops or very small amount gets released after 4-5 days. I think first two days it takes care of pretty much most of the degassing process.

After two days of the roasting, I keep my coffee in one way valve pouch. It stays fresh for about 2 weeks but I don't keep my coffee more then about 10 days after.....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Ads