Review of Starbucks Vanilla Latte

I just got back from Starbucks and I had two of these, so here's my review :D

Aroma: 9/10
Notes: Smells fantastic, there's really nothing more to say than that. I didn't pick up anything in particular, but it's a heavenly aroma.

Body/Thickness: 8.5/10
Notes: Decently thick, packs a nice punch and it'll fill you up.

Flavor: 9.5/10
Notes: I put a dash of cinnamon and had some whipped cream in mine, but it definitely brought out the flavor of the milk and I really enjoyed it.

Aftertaste: 9/10
Notes: The taste of the vanilla really stayed with me even after I swallowed it. Pleasent going down.

Overall: 36/40

This coffee scores a 90% on my coffee scale, making it impecable. By the way, I might as well reveal my grading scale for coffee:

0-21% - Terrible
22-45% - Below Average
46-62% - Average
63-84% - Above Average
85-100% - Impecable

That's how I grade :D

Cheers! :coffee:

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Surprised there are any Charbux lovers since I always hear complaints from actual customers. People do say Charbux is consistent store-to-store. That they can get the same drink at any location and it's going to be consistently OK, but never spectacular. Taste is subjective and to each his own, but IMHO if any of you think what The King of Char offers is "impecable" you've never had a really good/properly prepared specialty coffee drink.

Furthermore, I don't wanna hear what they've accomplished because all they have done is bastardize what specialty coffee has to offer. Same with those idiotic "cappuccino" machines at every gas station. The inventor(s) of that slop needs his teeth kicked in and I'll be first in line. I give them credit for coming up with a gimmick that has made millions of $$$, but now I have to deal with the french vanilla cappuccino craze every day on a commercial level. Also, for some time McDonald's has been screwing up how people look at flavored drinks. You CAN'T offer high quality specialty coffee drinks in a fast food setting with automated equipment and monkeys pushing the buttons. Seems as if all these convenience stores/fast food joints want in on the coffee craze but all of them continue to make it that much worse.

kking4120

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I've actually always been a pretty big fan of the vanilla latte, especially from starbucks. I got a bit sick of them because of everything they put in it. Try getting one from a real barista and your life will change.