Searching for the perfect flovored coffee

haywhoa08

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Two questions..
What is the best brand off coffee to buy and brew at home?
and.. what is the perfect ratio of coffee to water in such a small machine?

Here's the situation: i have a small Mr. Coffee 4 cup coffee machine and the first pot i made tasted terrible! I bought ground coffee from an import store and boy was that a mistake! help!

Blaster25

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
If you want a fairly mild, very drinkable beverage try Kona coffee. My all-time favorite is vanilla macadamia nut. This is not heavily flavored so the vanilla or the nut does not overpower the coffee.

For your Mr. Coffee, I use the normal scoops that come with coffee makers. One of those healthy scoops per 4 cups should be a good starting point. Then, simply adjust up or down.

If you like Kona coffee, this time of year one of the Hawaiian companies offers a delicious flavoring called Christmas Cookies and Cream....Yummmm.

Blaster25

HalfCaffeinated

Feb 22, 2012
USA
Visit site
William,

This is a really, really subjective question. There are so many varieties each with their own subtle variations (even in the same blend)! The best advice to give is to go slowly. Enjoy each cup. Find what you like best. What is best tasting to me is not the same for you. Experiment, explore...but most of all...ENJOY!!

Cheers!

Brandon @ HalfCaf Reviews

marcavanyo

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Since every tongue has its personal taste, i guess you have to be more specific about what you preferred to. For example, I am a maniac of raw dark-black sugarless coffee, so all creamy stuffs feels worse in my tounge.