Definition of Micro Roaster?
This is a discussion on Definition of Micro Roaster? within the Coffee Roasters forums, part of the Coffee Industry category; Let's see, there is a guy south of me who took early retirement to get out of corporate insanity and started roasting coffee. He and ...
- 11-05-2012 01:48 PM #11
Let's see, there is a guy south of me who took early retirement to get out of corporate insanity and started roasting coffee. He and his wife roast 8,000 lbs a month. I'd call them 'micro'.
So maybe the answer is for you to coin a new phrase such as 'nano roaster', 'sub-atomic roaster' or 'quark roaster'. I'd say it is up to you to come up with the name and boldly lead us to where we haven't gone before.
Happy roasting, whatever size category you fall into. I'm probably at the sub-atomic level right now.Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been -- Jimmy Buffett (via Mark Twain)
- 11-05-2012 01:48 PM # ADS
- 11-05-2012 05:05 PM #12
- 11-05-2012 05:39 PM #13
Ok, now we have to come up a term that is smaller than "micro"!
- 11-05-2012 07:47 PM #14
- 11-05-2012 08:41 PM #15
In "Roast" magazines roasters of the year awards the "micro roaster" category is for less than 100,000 lbs/year
But generally I think it's used like a politicians definition of "small business"
- By anders in forum Coffee and Espresso MachinesReplies: 1Last Post: 10-25-2010, 07:13 AM
- By Coffeeexpert in forum Business to Business B2BReplies: 0Last Post: 07-11-2009, 01:50 PM
- By thecoffeereview in forum Coffee Beans & Espresso BeansReplies: 1Last Post: 12-07-2006, 11:22 PM
- By Panda in forum Coffee and Espresso MachinesReplies: 3Last Post: 07-01-2005, 01:25 PM
- By Ellie in forum Coffee Industry ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 01-28-2005, 09:25 PM