Good Quality Chinese Roaster
This is a discussion on Good Quality Chinese Roaster within the Coffee Roasters forums, part of the Coffee Industry category; I don't mean to pick on this machine but there are a few things that cause me concern. It's under powered at 110v; 17 min ...
- 02-02-2013 08:04 AM #21
I don't mean to pick on this machine but there are a few things that cause me concern. It's under powered at 110v; 17 min for roasting 1lb is too slow. What about roasting the listed capacity? Every other commercial electric roaster runs at 220v, and that's what they use in China. A very simple question to ask the manufacturer: "Can you roast 1K in 15min or less to second crack". Heck can you roast a lb is less than 15min to 2C?
How do you grease the front bearing? Parts? How fast can the factory ship parts to the US? Do they speak English at the factory?
3K is not a steal on this roaster; it's just the going price in China. My 500g Taiwan roaster can roast full capacity in 13 minutes or 227 grams with the thermocouple reading the bean temp; and it cost me 3K with shipping.
Anyone can import roasters; diagnosing and repairing them is another story.
- 02-02-2013 08:04 AM # ADS
- 02-03-2013 08:01 PM #22
this is the same roaster that is for sale on Ebay for 2600 including the shipping. They do have english speaking rep so i assume you can get parts from them if you need any. 17 min bit slow but it really depends on how much of roasting you are looking to finish. If you are commercial user, I don't know if this roaster is going to be your answer but as a home roaster, this would be great alternative to roasters like Sonofresco, or other smaller home appliance type of roaster.....
- 02-05-2013 12:06 AM #23
- 02-05-2013 06:15 AM #24
- By thelemonmarket in forum Coffee DrinksReplies: 4Last Post: 07-16-2012, 12:25 AM
- By coffeebagchina in forum Business to Business B2BReplies: 0Last Post: 06-13-2008, 10:41 PM
- By blackjava in forum Coffee RoastersReplies: 17Last Post: 02-03-2007, 08:11 AM
- By treston in forum Coffee and Espresso MachinesReplies: 1Last Post: 07-18-2006, 07:18 PM
- By rtippit2000 in forum Coffee RoastersReplies: 12Last Post: 03-06-2006, 03:06 PM