Has anyone used a Yang-Chia roaster?

speedwell77

Dec 27, 2012
Plymouth, MA
Visit site
Hello

I'm in the market for a 15-20k drum roaster, and I'm intrigued by the Yang-Chia, which is manufactured in Taiwan. According to the manufacturer, they have no industrial size roasters working in the US. However, I think they have quite a few of their sample roasters models 800N, and I'm wondering if anyone can speak to there craftsmanship and ease/difficulty performing repairs and sourcing parts.

I appreciate any feedback.

Best
Derek

Last edited:

Hankua

Nov 11, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Visit site
I've got a 800n for a year, buddy has the same for two years. Since your in MA, Barismo runs Yang roasters you might want to stop in and talk to them. My wife is Taiwanese and went to the factory to visit with the owner (Mr. Yang) before placing my order. Since I have family in Taiwan, transaction was no problem. I could walk you thru the whole import process pretty easily, my roaster arrived in perfect working condition assembled.

Now to answer your questions about using a Yang roaster commercial: Mr. Yang is not that excited to supply commercial roasters in the US due to the different regulations/code requirements. He has a very good business in Taiwan and Far East being one the premier roaster builders. Mr Yang and staff do not speak English so communication is a problem; parts can be had quickly, not sure about repairs. Mr. Yang's warranty requires return to the Factory or Dealer (Taiwan). Quality and workmanship are top notch with some noteworthy features such as: cast iron drum, adjustable drum speed, and precision air adjustment valve (on most models). So there are both positive/negative factors to consider especially in a commercial setting (15-20K). Contact me (PM) if your interested in buying one or have further questions; I'm not a dealer you deal direct with the factory.

Last edited:

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I've got a 800n for a year, buddy has the same for two years. Since your in MA, Barismo runs Yang roasters you might want to stop in and talk to them. My wife is Taiwanese and went to the factory to visit with the owner (Mr. Yang) before placing my order. Since I have family in Taiwan, transaction was no problem. I could walk you thru the whole import process pretty easily, my roaster arrived in perfect working condition assembled.

Now to answer your questions about using a Yang roaster commercial: Mr. Yang is not that excited to supply commercial roasters in the US due to the different regulations/code requirements. He has a very good business in Taiwan and Far East being one the premier roaster builders. Mr Yang and staff do not speak English so communication is a problem; parts can be had quickly, not sure about repairs. Mr. Yang's warranty requires return to the Factory or Dealer (Taiwan). Quality and workmanship are top notch with some noteworthy features such as: cast iron drum, adjustable drum speed, and precision air adjustment valve (on most models). So there are both positive/negative factors to consider especially in a commercial setting (15-20K). Contact me (PM) if your interested in buying one or have further questions; I'm not a dealer you deal direct with the factory.

Hankua,

Why not become a dealer and sell them here.
The roaster sounds like a good choice if the dealer is in US....

Hankua

Nov 11, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Visit site
I could bring in some smaller machines but would need to train at the factory for service/repair. It's just too much trouble for most folks to order factory direct and easier to buy local. The 4K Yang is on my wish list, who knows.....