Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

any knowledge here

This is a discussion on any knowledge here within the Coffee Roasters forums, part of the Coffee Industry category; Does anyone have any knowledge about coffee roasters from Shandong Light M&E Co?...

any knowledge here

Does anyone have any knowledge about coffee roasters from Shandong Light M&E Co?

2. # ADS

Has anyone even heard of them?

I think they are pretty reputable, but you will need to have the ability to service things yourself. You can contact Grace Bian @ 86-531-88911881 or you can email through Alibaba.

They are a massive company. And you will be taken care of better if you can speak Chinese.
    John Piquet
    caffe d'bolla
    Salt Lake City, UT
    twitter.com/caffedbolla

Company Overview - Shandong Light M&E Co., Ltd.

found them on alibaba.com.

Check them out ....
    Last edited by CoffeeJunky; 01-05-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Yoi
    I can speak Chinese, if you need help

i might need some help with Chinese manufacture. They are pretty good roaster maker but can't communicate with them well..

I have another question...does anyone think it's possible to get into roasting as a business without any prior roasting experience?

Sure its possible. When we were setting up our roasting business we had a business partner who was an experienced roaster. However, the day we put money down on our new roaster, things went sideways with her and rather than give up the project, I decided to keep going forward on my own.

I read as much as I could on the subject and then had 8 hours of training on the roaster by the manufacturer. I then practiced roasting for a couple of months before opening the shop, giving away sample batches to friends and family while developing roast profiles and blends.

It helps to have a cooking background and discerning palate. After about 6 months of roasting 6-12 batches per week, I'm feeling pretty confidant with my roasting skills and technique.

We started a roasting business over here in the UK with the aim to supply a few local shops and our own market stall. We started with a small roaster that has allowed us to roast a lot of batches. It took a few months to get the hang of things and to learn the craft and we are still learning! However, it isn't as hard as many people might suggest! You need to know your coffee's though, do lots of tasting and experimenting and reading. It's all about the practice though!

I've kinda been thinking along those lines. The newer roasters seem to be pretty operator friendly. There is a roasting package for sale on ebay that I've been watching, which is why I was asking if anyone knew anything about the roaster I mentioned previously. It is a 3k roaster and was debating but have been thinking a 5k or 10k roaster might be better. What size of roaster do you guys use? Also like one of you mention, with a new roaster purchase I would get some training with the purchase.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads