vent pipe question

coffeem

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I am installing a 5kg roaster and want to ask if "grease pipe venting" is required or if just a class A, double wall UL103 (e.g. duratech) will suffice.
anyone have experience with this...and what you use for vent pipe. thanks!

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't even know what grease pipe venting is.

We use class A triple wall for the hot air out and single wall for the cooling tray exhaust.

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
No need to ask Dan, imo. We have a roaster from US Roaster Corp, I ordered the venting material myself and have never heard of grease pipe venting.

rawal22

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got roaster Need Vent clarification

No need to ask Dan, imo. We have a roaster from US Roaster Corp, I ordered the venting material myself and have never heard of grease pipe venting.

Hi All,

Need help. Just got a roaster setting up ventilation. I am looking at class a double wall. Do i need to run this from the cooling exhuast or just from the hot air areas?

Any help would be of great help. Attached is a picture of the roaster. Let me know your thoughts on the best setup?

rawal22 photo (1).JPG

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Class A double walled is just from the hot air vent. Standard single walled stove pipe should suffice for the cool air vent. (At least it does with our US Roaster Corp machine.)

However, be warned that not all standard stove pipe is created equal. (I was warned not to use the stovepipe venting material that is split along the entire length.)

Last edited:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Just so you know...the pipe from the cooling exhaust does get hot. I do not use double wall on my cooling bin pipe...but I wouldn't suggest leaning on it after I drop my coffee.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
depending on your building inspector will depend on what they want. I used Selkirk Metalbestos double wall on my entire build. Overkill a little but the BI and FD could not say a word. My sample roaster I used Nordfab. Every town and city building inspector has their ego quirks. Throw some piping at them and see what they say.
JMO
Charlie

coffeem

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
thanks for everyone's input. i did get the class A double wall from Duravent. for cooling fan chamber i went with single wall glvenized metal - not aluminum (snap lock) piping.