Anyone ever use a Loring roaster?

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I just checked them out and wow.... Cool looking roaster with tons of features. It will be great roaster for the beginner to roast like pro but I am bit worried about all the hook up it needs like water, compressed air, and internet..... I would ask them about their machine users near your area and give a visit....

cotatiadam

Jan 6, 2010
SF Bay Area, Ca.
Visit site
Yea, their 15k roaster is $80K. But the financing is only $1,100 a month for 7 years:)
The green low emissions is a nice feature, with lower fuel costs, they push that aspect pretty hard.

I'm looking to go with a used 12k something (probat, franciscan), and hoping to spend around $20-30k.

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts.
They are located within an hour and i know Equator has one.

Adam

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
You will be paying over 100k after 7 years and I think that is very expensive roaster. I am sure if they break down, you will need to fork up much more as well....

10-15k Probat would be around that price...

Why not try to find one used?
I have seen few of the good Primo and other good brand of roasters at very reasonably priced.
If you are starting a new business, maybe even a smaller 5k or 7k machine might not be such bad idea.....

Good luck....

arabidacool

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi we have a 15kg one sitting around they ar fine the plumbed water and all is pretty standard with Air roasters, nice amount of controlls and options for setting up the diffrent profiles and ample steps that you can toy with. Still would rather use a sivits though..

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Hi we have a 15kg one sitting around they ar fine the plumbed water and all is pretty standard with Air roasters, nice amount of controlls and options for setting up the diffrent profiles and ample steps that you can toy with. Still would rather use a sivits though..

You mean you are not using the roaster? Just sitting at your shop? Why not offer to sell?