Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Begginer in need of advise

This is a discussion on Begginer in need of advise within the Coffee Roasters forums, part of the Coffee Industry category; Thank you all for your replays and advice. it will take me few month to renovate the place and then I will start roasting. in ...

Thank you all for your replays and advice.
    it will take me few month to renovate the place and then I will start roasting.
    in the mean time I looked at some videos on youtube and got an ideea about the roasting process and stages. I must admit, is not an easy task, but that's what makes Caffe so nobble.

2. # ADS

I don't think its as hard as it used to be. Alll the great machines out there and all the advise you can get from the experience roaster, you will get there with much less pain some of the roasters had to endure.... good luck

I think my suggestion would be to outsource a help to a farmer growers, find a great coffee beans or seeds to grow, and then invest hardly. Just stay focused on what endeavors you will have. You will get succeed soon enough if you are determined and strong enough to take on the challenge.

Hoping for your future success!!!

JohnD.

It would be nice to buy directly from the farmers but I don't think there are many out there who has enough knowledge to deal directly. Most who claim to be farmers are just another middleman.

john: Do you give the advice above from the prospective of someone who has actually gone the route you suggest or more from a gut feeling you have?

I just don't see your advice as being very realistic or rooted in reality of the market.

I don't think I will be ever nearly close to farm caffee beans, but roast and brew them, much sooner.
    No hard fealings John, but with farming caffe here in Romania, will not happen. Just it doesn't work!

I just ordered 10 bags of beans ..... I think I am set for very long time.... crazy for me to order that much but ..... I saved tons of money on shipping.... lol... or did I... hahahah

hi Gianul,
    one thing that you need to do when you start roasting: TAKE NOTES! this has helped me considerably. write down your start time using a stop watch or clock with 2nd. hand (every second counts in the final roasting stage). write down the time when 1st. crack occurs, 1st. crack ends, 2nd. crack starts etc. then take notes on the coffees appearance, aroma, taste. write it all down! then you can enter all the info onto your computer for referrence. its how i do it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads