Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Storing coffee for in-store use
- 02-06-2013 10:09 AM #1
Storing coffee for in-store use
I roast about 100lbs of coffee/ week currently and put the beans into sealed 5 lb plastic valve bags immediately after cooling for storage for the weeks use. I transfer the beans into glass jars for our daily needs, but the rest of the beans stay in the store room until needed. I would rather put the beans into buckets or some other reusable container instead of waisting the bags, but is seems like the buckets would take up too much room, and are generally more cumbersome. Also they would not have a valve to allow the beans to offgas. I was wondering what other small retail roasters do for storing their beans.
Thanks for any information.
- By MyMugsHalfFull in forum Coffee TableReplies: 35Last Post: 07-31-2013, 09:21 PM
- By tankin_tummy in forum Coffee TableReplies: 7Last Post: 10-05-2012, 11:35 AM
- By eldub in forum Coffee RoastersReplies: 8Last Post: 06-14-2012, 02:57 AM
- By ArabBeaker in forum Coffee Beans & Espresso BeansReplies: 6Last Post: 09-23-2008, 03:00 PM
- By garyscottadamson in forum Coffee TableReplies: 0Last Post: 08-04-2007, 05:19 PM