How is a Fergana Roaster?

Gianul

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I found this 2 kg Fergana roaster, made in Turkey and I would like to know how are theire performance and quality wise. Is anyone using this type of roaster.

Glatte

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I am visiting istanbul on Thursday specifically to go to the fergana factory I'm interested in purchasing their 5kg roaster and have been tempted by price. However having just spent 2 days doing a roasting course with Steve diedricht on a ir5 I think I shouldbe able to make a fairly well informed judgement. On another matter does anyone know where I can get a user manual for the artisan roaster software?? Do they exist ?? As I have been looking everywhere . Any help with that would be much appreciated.

Glatte

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Fergana roaster I went to see had a poor build quality. At first glance it looked aesthetically good however the agitator kept catching on the mesh in cooling tray and the system of heat control was as sophisticated as my gas barbecue in my garden, it did not even discharge all batch at end of roast and I had to dig inside drum with wooden spoon. They also brand huscof and I liked neither!! For seven grand English money I think you would always get a consistently burnt or baked roast.

I have decided cheap is not always good and shall go for dir12 however to keep my quote down does anybody reckon I am going to need a destoner? Also does anyone know where I will find a precipitator to get rid of odour as there cyclone oxidiser units are hugely expensive ??

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
No, Turkey roaster is ok, because they made coffee roasting machine for a long time...
2kg i found NORTH COFFEE make also, maybe you can check NORTR COFFEE ROASTER
I just bought 1kg from them...

Glatte

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Well I wish you luck with your fergana and perhaps you will be lucky and get a better build quality one than I looked at however I know there have been various build problems with roasters out of Turkey recently . Some clients of my suppliers bought a Toper roaster which seems to consistently burn the roast however when they approached the manufacturers about the problem they were not interested. Perhaps those clients were not very good at controlling the heat !! However for my needs I wanted something more controllable hat could repeat the same profiles once I had developed them so I have gone for the diedrich ir 12. I really like the quest m3 for a sample roaster that roasts only 125 g at a time and is hand built in Taiwan but again it's not for the amateur but I have been getting some really good results. Good luck with your fergana I hope it serves you well.

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
When will you upload 2kg Fergana roaster, Gianul? I bought NORTH COFFEE 1kg coffee roaster and also found their 2kg picture, i can upload, but i think it should be add stir wing... what do you think,guys?
2kg.jpg

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
coffeejunky, how do i contact you and i can show Norfolk and MI client information to you i am sure. Then you can go to see this roaster

you can send me the information via pm here and I will contact you or them directly to go see. I will also take some pictures and find out the roasting quality and will report back to the board. that should be only fair to everyone who is not a believer of your roaster.... Including myself...