Roaster Inventory Software

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
new commercial roaster here, 2 months operating. any good experiences with inventory, invoicing, and finance software for coffee roasting businesses? mac friendly? my spreadsheets are getting way to overwhelming.

prairieguy

Sep 11, 2012
Saskatchewan
Visit site
I would strongly suggest looking into Winward System 5, it has pos, inventory, accounting and payroll all in one. I'm not sure if its Mac compatible or not and initial cost can be high but tech support is great if you need it and a time saver when doing month end. I use this in an automotive shop and we have recently converted a convenience store that was using a pos and simply accounting.

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
I still use Excel but am looking at these two.

GNUCASH is freeware, like Mozilla supported by a lot of people, and works with Mac.

Nevitium is also freeware and if you pay something like $50 (one time payment) you get lifetime support straight from the developer.

Since they're free you can play with them and see what you think.

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tips.

I will look over these products mentioned any hopefully continue to give some feedback to this thread. Ive had some database engineer contacts give me a few ideas of products but, nothing that is really clicking yet.

I would be curious to continue to hear what other roasters use.