Behmor 1600 Tips or hints

riley1234198

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
Im new to the whole roasting thing. Im just roasted my first batch of coffee using the Behmor 1600 roaster. I was wondering if anyone else here uses the same machine and if they have any tips or hints they could give me that would be great. To be honest i really didnt do much research when i bought the machine and my first 10lbs of green beans. The beans im using are Brazil Santos and Sumatra Mandheling beans.

Thanks,
Paul

Freshbeans

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I also have a Behmor. The best advice I have found is at sweetmarias.com. They provide great info and there are several owners active in their forums.

riley1234198

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tips yeah i went to the store to find a mini vac but they were out. I did a few roast last night and everything seem to go good. Seems i having a hard time to get the right grind to run in my Keurig k-cup maker other wise the water seems to come out the top of the cup. I will do some exprimenting.

Thanks

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I think most of the people say not to over load the roaster. Try to roast about 1/2 or 2/3 of maximum. With Keurig, i think you should grind to about medium. That is about the size of drip brew on your setting. If you get them too coarse, it might not get decent flavor....

Good luck

Bozo

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Read the manual and then throw it away. Behmor says after hearing first crack that second should be 2:30 minutes. Wrong!
There will be short amount of silence after 1 crack before 2 crack. Use this times, if needed adjust for your roaster.
City / 2:30 to 2:45
City+ / 2:45 to 3:00
Full City / 3:00 to 3:15
Full City+ 3:15 to 3:30
Vienna or Light French / 3:30 to 400
OR upon hearing 2 crack, time 20 seconds, 30, 40 etc.
Bemor does not want anyone to catch their house on fire. I've had one for a year and I am still learning to get my times right, Bozo