Is anyone using FreshRoast SR-500 like me ?

thuynguyen

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I am using SR-500 bought from ebay.com to roast small batch of coffee for my home use and for experiment of new flavor formulas. It works perfectly for home use, the only inconvenience is that it starts cooling down immediately after finish roasting, while I need to have hot roasted beans for adding flavors purpose :-D

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Yes they do and also you can only roast small amount at a time... like 100g at a time or it won't roast very well....

FR is for the beginner and you will have much better luck if you actually use better roasting system. Even stove top method might be better in the future...

Good luck and have fun roasting. ;)

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Just a wee bit of advice...Do not flavor coffee while it is hot. Some flavorings have low flash points and you could cause a fire. I let my coffee cool down to room temperature then add the flavors.

thuynguyen

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys, yes SR-500 is just enough for me and my husband to have our own coffee at home. I am selling small quantity for fun to friends and acquaintances, so I use a 10kg local made roasting machine, it's fine for now and I'm still having my own job and quite busy with my family. But I'm still thinking to expand my coffee business in a bigger scale for some special purposes, the main reason is because I like it :)

@topher: would you mind sharing me about adding flavors into coffee, I am really interested in this :)