Looking for a Sonofresco roaster

Burner0000

Apr 29, 2013
Cambridge ON, Canada
Visit site
I am looking for a used Sonofresco to help get me started on a roasting business/cafe. 1 or 2 lb models I am willing to buy. Please PM me. I reside in Ontario Canada but am willing to pay shipping.

Found one! :)

Last edited:

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Can i ask why Sonofresco? Do you have roasting experience? Are you going to open a new shop? Have you ever looked into other machines like sample roasters or other smaller roasters.

Last edited:

RockyTop2751

May 1, 2013
Nashville
Visit site
Hi Burner- I have 3 Sonofrescos and am going to sell a 1 pounder. Great condition and new roasting chamber. You can call me, Mark Central Time in Nashville at 615-554-2553 or ask any more questions online.

Burner0000

Apr 29, 2013
Cambridge ON, Canada
Visit site
Can i ask why Sonofresco? Do you have roasting experience? Are you going to open a new shop? Have you ever looked into other machines like sample roasters or other smaller roasters.
Yes I have 2 years experience in roasting. I am also going to open a small shop and I will be using several Sonofresco roasters. I have looked into a lot of other roasters and the Sonofresco suits both my needs and my budget right now. (Just bought a house)

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Yes I have 2 years experience in roasting. I am also going to open a small shop and I will be using several Sonofresco roasters. I have looked into a lot of other roasters and the Sonofresco suits both my needs and my budget right now. (Just bought a house)

I dont consider sonofresco as commercial grade roaster. There are tons of them out there and I do not recommend buying used one Sonofresco because their units are not made to last. Also if you are using them as display, the glass part gets very dirty quickly after few months of light use. I don't know if that is how you want to display if that is your plan.

Sonofresco 2lb Coffee Roaster | eBay

I have seen few Ambex, Toper and other decent brand used roaster for sale with reasonable price.
I will some search later and post them up.

Good Luck

Burner0000

Apr 29, 2013
Cambridge ON, Canada
Visit site
I dont consider sonofresco as commercial grade roaster. There are tons of them out there and I do not recommend buying used one Sonofresco because their units are not made to last. Also if you are using them as display, the glass part gets very dirty quickly after few months of light use. I don't know if that is how you want to display if that is your plan.

I have seen few Ambex, Toper and other decent brand used roaster for sale with reasonable price.
I will some search later and post them up.

Good Luck

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I can't contact that seller to see if they ship to Canada.. I've done extensive research on the Sonofresco and yes it isn't built like a typical commercial drum roaster but I am willing to swap out parts from time to time. According to the manufacturer the glass needs to be wiped after each roast as well as the temp sensor. Also Sonofresco is going to be releasing a new board for the machine to allow custom roast profiles next year. The display, small footprint and auto roast is why I wan't to get it. I also want a roaster I can have in house that won't leech roast smell everywhere indoors. This can drive away customers. The Sono also doesn't require much gas or electricity to roast so it helps with the gas and electric bill.

royljestr

May 8, 2013
CT
Visit site
I am looking into the Artisan V from Coffee Crafters...it does 5 pounds and they have another one that does 2 I think. I was looking into the sonofresco too, but the Coffee Crafters seems like a better machine, but I haven't used one yet.

Burner0000

Apr 29, 2013
Cambridge ON, Canada
Visit site
I am looking into the Artisan V from Coffee Crafters...it does 5 pounds and they have another one that does 2 I think. I was looking into the sonofresco too, but the Coffee Crafters seems like a better machine, but I haven't used one yet.

Looks good but not enough control for me. One of the reasons I wanted the Sono was the board upgrade they are coming out with that will allow custom profiles. I ended up buying RockyTOP's Sono roaster.

coffeecrafters

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
We decided not to manufacture the 2 lb. machine. We have 2 prototypes for sale that we can support. It only cost a little more to turn the 2 lb. machine into a 5 lb. machine so it didn't make much sense to build the smaller one. The hopper on the 2 roasters was the same size. Actually the 5 lb. machine will roast 8 lbs but the cooling pot only holds 5.

Flori

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
My friend is also into the same sonofresco roaster. Said suits him well :). Goodluck on your quest.

Flori
Blogger, CoffeeLoversOfWorld.com

Latest posts