Help with old coffee roaster details and value...

DH2013

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
This was hanging from the ceiling of my restaurant. The best I can read is...A. J. Deer Royal of Hornell N.Y. Item 613? and number 1. I was trying to get more details, year, make, app. value. I have a local coffee shop that inquired about it. Thanks for the help and input! coffee1.jpgcoffee2.jpg

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
What does the coffee shop want with it? Looks a bit rough..great little machine. There doesn't seem to be a motor on it...unless I am missing it. Also needs a belt and probably need to be careful with the insulation. I had one rebuilt years and years ago by our in house engineers. These guys tore out all the original insulation. I asked them where they put it and they said the garbage. I informed them that it was probably asbestos...they assured me it was ok because they double bagged the old insulation before they disposed of it :(

Muddworks

Aug 11, 2013
Portland Oregon
Visit site
I have a Royal # 5 being refurbished to put in my cafe interested in your # 1 when you plan to sell it FYI i paid $ 600.00 6 years ago for the #5 no cooling bin or motor roaster in fair condition .