Packaging

ColaBoy

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but, hey, who elso would be packaging coffee. So I would like to get some thoughts on those little vents on some coffee packaging. i see some have them and some do not. What are the pro's and con's. Check out my profile, im new, so if my questions seem novice, it cause I am.

namballe

Aug 24, 2012
Lima, Peru
Visit site
Hi Colaboy,
my question is: are you reselling your coffee, will you be packaging it shortly after roasting? The "de-gassing valve" is a one way valve, its job is to let air escape from the bag while at the same time keeping air from entering the bag. I fill my bags shortly after roasting, therefore utilizing the valved bag, but recently, after reading some of the others methods here on coffeeforums, I may just change the way I do this.
pros and cons. bags with the valve are obvoiusly more expensive.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
If you go to the top right corner of your screen, you will see a search box. Type in your search topic, and it will find other areas where the topic has been discussed.

I did a quick search for to find the thread that namballe is referring to. I think this is the one:

http://www.coffeeforums.com/forum/coffee-roasters/11004-degassing-process.html

And I hope you know that sticking a pin in each bean to let it degass is only a joke, right???

Rose