Do any American Coffee Roasters Ship Their Coffee to Canada?

gmarch23

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I am curious how hard this would be with customs issues etc. Does anyone ever ship large quantities (50+pounds) of coffee to Canada? How difficult is this to do?

Burner0000

Apr 29, 2013
Cambridge ON, Canada
Visit site
I do. It's not hard once it's set up. You need a customs broker, address that will accept freight or a local freight pickup location like Fed EX or UPS. You also need a business # in order to get a broker but some will still do it as long as you have an address and are willing to pay. They have to assume responsibility of your coffee order over the border. Cost is the coffee + freight shipping + broker charges.

You can also cross the border yourself and pick up for personal use. There is no problem here. I am offering some coffee for sale right now. :) http://www.coffeeforums.com/forum/business-business-b2b-22/green-roasted-coffee-sale-11106/

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
The issue is when customs inspects your product. They tear it apart and you are left to deal with an open/possbly poorly resealed package. I import and export lots of stuff.

So what are you going to do when you purchased 50 lbs of coffee and half the bags have been opened. You should note that customs does not reseal your package, they only open and inspect. It is up to your carrier to reseal or not. Depending on the use, it may render your product useless/contaminated.

Last edited:

Latest posts