Help me test my website?

HRC

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I just launched it last night. Built it on the Shopify platform and I'm looking for people to just go through and click all the links/pages and give feedback on anything that might not be functioning properly. Aesthetic feedback is welcome too. The website is far from complete but we needed to get something up quickly. I'm not posting the link right now because I don't want to spam the forum, but if several people respond with intent, I will post up a link. Thanks!

HRC

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. Headstash Roasting Co - Welcome is the website. I've had a few people go through and set up customer accounts, send email from the forms, etc and it seems to be working fine. A few more eyes wouldn't hurt though. Again, it's not finished yet so please excuse anything that seems a bit rough around the edges.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
You're off to a good start. The links worked fine when I tested them.

I don't know if it's my monitor's settings, . . . but your logo appears huge on each page, and the font size for the text seems somewhat small. Maybe as time goes by, you'll be able to tweak things to make everything look more bananced.

Rose

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
O.K. So I checked out your site..a couple of things I noticed. I like your home page but could have more pics or roasting. The part where it says how to order isn't really needed. I think its a bit redundant . When you got to the page "beans and things" you have to click on the button that says 2 products. I would bypass that and just have the next and final page. "Kiss"(keep it simple stupid) Is the best way imho. ;) Please do not take offence..not trying to be nit picky..just trying to help.

HRC

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
PinkRose – I have received feedback on the logo sizing. I’m trying to dig into the backend code that will allow me to size it down or eliminate it from all pages except for the home page. The issue is that the logo is part of the overall “theme” of the template so it’s thrown in on every page by default. I wish everyone’s monitors were the same setting! The bane of a web designer’s existence.

Topher – Absolutely no offense taken. I’d rather get ripped apart here than by a potential customer. Fire away. We will be getting professional photos taken in the future, including an “action” roasting pic. You’re the third or fourth person who has been confused about the “how to order” and “beans and things” page so I guess we’ll have to rework that. I just want to inform people of how our program works without having to clutter up the product pages. True, for people that are used to ordering beans online, it’s redundant. However, we are aggressively targeting the section of the market that needs a little push to get into specialty coffee. I just don’t want potential customers to have any unanswered questions (or worse yet, waiting for an answer from us) that would hinder them from making a purchase. As for the “beans and things” page, I have hidden the “brewing supplies” collection because we don’t have those in-house yet. When we receive them, there will be a “bean” collection and a “brewing supplies” collection; that’s why I have it laid out like that. Otherwise, yes, I would’ve gone straight into the beans.

Thank you both for your feedback!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I just thought of another thing..you might want to put an actual phone number for you guys. I personally wouldn't buy from a company that I have no contact info for.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
HRC,

I agree with the problem on the "How to Order" thing. People know how to order, just title it something that refers to the copy, such as "We Deliver!" or just make it clear on the order page/at checkout.

The biggest thing that stood out to me is that the graphic art on the top of your page. There is a big difference between logo development and great graphic art. A logo needs to be simple. It should work in specific colors and in black in white. It should be readable in all sizes, from postage stamp to billboard. And it should be recognizable as such. Think of iconic logos. McDonalds, IBM, Apple, Coke... Fancier does not equate to "better logo." Simplify!

What you show printed on the bags is good! It contains all the elements centered around the easy to read "H" without overkill on the script. And, there should be consistency with what's on the bag and on your site. I would utilize the bag logo as your logo and scrap the graphic art on the top of the page.

Seth

Feb 12, 2013
Palo Alto
Visit site
I like the colors, I don't see that blue often. Also I don't see anything about wholesale but I don't know if thats on purpose or not. Lastly, you can remove a click to buying beans. I should just click on 'Beans and Things' and should be brought directly to my options. I think you are off to a great start.