For Sale: Diedrich IR12 Coffee Roaster/related venting/green coffee

s4dustin

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
We are selling our Diedrich IR12 roaster and about $5k+ in green coffee and all venting. We shut down our retail location years ago and kept the roaster so we could roast coffee for ourselves. After 4 years of barely using the roaster....we have decided that we cannot jusifty keeping it for two people's coffee consumption. That being said, it is time to sell it and all of our green coffee, including unopened bags...and bags at our wholesale distributor.

The roaster was recently serviced and works like a top. We have had it for 20 years and ultimately, was never used to it's potential. In great condition. Could use some paint, but works like a top.

I will go to our warehouse tomorrow and get some pics. We are asking $20k for the Roaster+ triple walled exhaust plumbing + green coffee. You must come and get it all. We are done.

Please email me with any questions....(formerly Village Coffee Roaster). We also have a Ditting grinder and a couple scales...... This is a smoking deal for anyone looking for an additional micro-roaster or starting a business. Yes, you can come and test roast.

Thank you.

Dustin
818-516-5053

dustin
@
Connectedmediagroup.com

s4dustin

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Will do. It is truly an end of the era.....sad to see it go....we have been roasting, blending, drinking our own coffee for 2o years.....

NHcoffee

Jan 3, 2013
New Hampshire
Visit site
Dustin

Here are a couple thoughts to help you sell your baby...

Pictures are extremely valuable to a buyer; take plenty and post em!

Pricing appropriately is huge in attracting a buyer. Selling price verses new considering age and upgrades in models.

Most piping is not worth reinstalling as each location will be different requiring differing lengths and 45/90 degree corners etc. especially considering dents & dings can effect airflow. Reduced airflow to a Diedrich is like humans not having water. No real value in the piping.

What is the coffee (origin,hb, shg, prep, etc), how much coffee, what crop (age); all of this will help in determining a value.

Also, a NEW IR-12 is a mere $21,600. I can tell you that in 20 years there are a tremendous amount of improvements, upgrades, technology differences in an IR-12 without considering the fit and finish of current Deiedrich roasters is comparable to BMW...

My point is sell what is real value, show it, list it and price it appropriately. Good luck!

Last edited:

NHcoffee

Jan 3, 2013
New Hampshire
Visit site
With all due respect poison, feel free to do your own homework on price as I've done mine. When you have bought Diedrich roasters personally you will have done your homework and know the facts. A base IR 12 is $21,600.

My homework is as follows; in the last 30 days my company ORDERED TWO NEW DIEDRICH ROASTERS. We have a CR 70 and an IR 12 on order and expect ddelivery in September. By ordering these from direct frim Diedrich, we have had price lists, proposals and contarcats in front if us. I am the one that sent the initial 20% deposit and will wire another 30% next week. We ordered both our roasters with automation and plenty of options so the price is over the $21,600. But if I remember our original Diedrich IR 12 roaster some 20 odd years ago, automation did not exist making a base IR 12 similar to the 20 year old for sale.

I offered and gave factual research, knowledgable and helpful advice, and polite suggestions on selling a 20 year old roaster....

Thanks for your input poison? Huh?

poison

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
What? You're not the only one capable of getting a quote. I have been quoted higher than that, by Becky, if I recall the name correctly. I don't have the quote handy, but a search of my email shows the quote for a 5kg being $17.5k with no options ( as of 2011 though).

Cliffs: geez, unbunch thy knickers, and smile!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Sidram...the roaster is over 20 years old. I have seen newer ones go for half that. There was one on here a while back. 2005 IR12 for $10,000. Needed a new plate for the controls but everything else was fine..under $100 fix.

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
Yeah, that price seems high to me too. I recently passed on Probat L12.s of the same vintage for $12,000 (I am an old man, I think they were L12's)

Last edited:

s4dustin

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Most of the stuff is sold. I do have this Ditting Grinder for sale which has been in storage for 4 years:

Email me for pics.

Location is Calabasas. Asking $1650.00 Email me.. Dustin @ Connectedmediagroup.com