probat lp 5 1992

bllazo

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello to everybody....

Please help me on decision to buying a Probat Lp 5 1992, the roaster is in very bad condition and need a general service. Please let me know if the roaster is worth 1500eur. I've tried to roast a one batch but the problem is that the flow of the air is not ok....maybe the pipe which suck the air from drum is blocked....do somebody have any idea how much can cost a general service....thanks in advance...

gtreetz,
Grega

Attachments

• photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    433.6 KB · Views: 1,319
  • photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    270.8 KB · Views: 835
  • photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    523.9 KB · Views: 1,145

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
General service? It should be free if you do it yourself. I will say that my experience with probats are they are a bit of a pain in the ass to work on. Parts are expensive...but they are work horses. Airflow should be an easy fix if it is just pipes needed to be cleaned. My concern is more electrical. Why are all the wires hanging from the side and you will want to get a door to cover your panel. The price is very tempting though.

bllazo

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Topher....another question is, can I done exact roast on lp 5? I wish to roast speciality coffee and as i see on that roaster I cant control the flow of the air.