Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mobile Roasting

A mobile roasting business can be a great idea but you need to get ready of the tedious job of this business, which is transferring from one place to another. The trailer you need is equipped with the complete facilities including a general set and other accessories. You may spend bigger amount in starting this kind of business but in the long run, you can recover them.

Good luck!

Thumbs up

Done!! u still doing it?????

Sorry, I didn't mean for that statement to sound offensive. Wasn't my intent.

Shep

Update. I seem to be going full circle here. I ended up building my own BBQ roaster and 10 lb drum along the lines of Buzz's products. I have been roasting and selling under my Shellback Coffee name since January of this year. Recently I was offered the opportunity to buy a roastery and restaurant at fire sale prices and have been looking really closely at the deal. Ultimately I decided to stick with the roaster I have and build my business slowly and with less (no) debt. I am back to the idea of roasting at markets and selling through the local farm market channel. I have a site in the downtown area where I can sell my coffee and plan to set up there on Saturdays for a while and see how things go. Version 2 of my drum is under way, and should improve the consistency and efficiency of my roasts. I am stoked!

Bardo,

You inspire me. So glad to see that you went ahead and made this work! Would love to hear uupdates. What kind of mods have you done to your BBQ roasting?

I have a custom built 1k machine that's, functionally, near identical to a BBQ roasting setup, but with a bean drop (like commercial roasters have).

How do you track bean temp/roast rprpfiles? Have any heat probes? Can yoservant by color, or just by sound/smell/heat/time

In looking for ways to track roasting profiles, I found the Roastmaster App for $10. It works like a charm and saw a recent update that automatically tracks Roast Profile with an attachment that links certain automatic thermometer heat probe machines to iPad/iphone (and I think other tablets). Wondering if you had experience with this.

Keep inspiring us transient roasters!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links