Weigh & Fill Machinery

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
I can see on the horizon the need for a honkin' big grinder - which I've got sourced, and then a weigh and fill machine, which I don't have sourced.

I like Logical Machines S4 unit as it is all modular, seems like a good choice for entry level product, and has a ton of proven units out in the field. Being in Ireland though and having to pay freight from the U.S. to here and then having to pay 23% import duty on both the freight and equipment, really bumps the price way up. So maybe it is the solution but then maybe you've got other machinery ideas or possibly some simple ideas I could implement to stretch my time out longer before I need to make the investment.

Let me know what roads your experience has led you down.:coffee:

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
I see I should have searched the forum since this topic has been visited before. So looking at Topher's suggestion of the MP-5 machine but still, any new ideas or suggestions please share.

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
Topher, I talked to the PROX people and they also gave me the contact info for their Russian partner. But now my son has me biased a bit. He's a gunsmith and tells me that most of the Russian guns he works on are real loose on their tolerances so maybe I'm better off buying from the PROX people in Florida? Obviously their quality is good enough to work every day but how is the overall 'fit and finish' of the U.S. made machine?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
The machine is solid. Have run it for 2 years every day and it is still shiny. I am filling over 15,000 bags on it a month and I am thinking of buying another one shortly so I can have 2 people bagging at a time. I have never seen the ones coming from Russia.

ItsMariah

May 4, 2004
Visit site
Is it ok to post my Logical Machine S4 for sale here? I saw someone did a couple years back, but don't know if policies have changed since then.

Maria

Latest posts