Home made, 25# drum roaster for sale

Bardo

May 13, 2013
Port Republic, MD
Visit site
Opus,
I wish you had posted this a month ago! I am near finishing my roaster, which is a 10 lb drum on a 6 burner bbq. How big is the motor? Do you have an electronic thermocouple? This is just what I envisioned when I "built" mine! Where are you located?

opus

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I just put a couple pix up of the burner. No, no, no, never have anything electronic on something I build!!! I am in White Pine, MT.

The motor is just a simple washing machine motor. If it dies, go get another one for $10 and call it good. Gee, 1/4hp I think.

Like I said, its crude. You can see the thermometer on it. It goes round and round. When it gets to where I have it marked, its time. Its all eyes, ear and smell.

Bardo

May 13, 2013
Port Republic, MD
Visit site
I just meant a digital thermometer, nothing too high tech about that. You remove the chaff through the screen, I gather. And do you just rake the beans out of the drum onto the screen?

opus

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Most the chaff falls through the cracks by the door. The rest goes when you dump it in the "cooler". I was going through 100# a week with this.

The burner really throws well. I couldnt put it on full throttle and roast....too hot. The propane is controlled by a regulator on the hose.

I couldnt figure out how to do a digital thermometer with the wire connected to the probe...going round and round.