Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyesCoffee View Post
    Thank you Taylor for the detailed response. Surely there has to be a way to get a controller that has already been programed. I've tried countless times through phone and email to get assistance through Ambex, but I can't get any help. They never answer their phone and never return calls and their website has very little information. This seems strange because everything I've ready in other posts speaks highly of them. So, was Ambex unable to provide you with a Watlow controller that was already programmed?

Thanks for the Help,
    Eddie
    I spent hours looking for a the same with no luck But Paul Ribich would be your best bet. He worked at Ambex before starting Roaster Dynamics; he knows your roaster inside and out!

An upside to programming it yourself is the intimate knowledge you gain from the process. Man and machine become one

Best of Luck!
    -Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    Paul Ribich is the owner of Roaster Dynamics. He has always been a great help to me. Here is his website (See Post from Topher) hope he can help.
    I just want to update this thread. In conclusion I found very little help from Ambex. They often do not answer their phones and they don't return emails. I finally did get a return call from Ambex and they were apologetic. I don't know if this is characteristic of the new Ambex ownership or not and I don't want to be too harsh. However, my feeling after interacting with the new Ambex ownership is I cannot depend on them.

I did find a solution in Paul Ribich with Roaster Dynamic, LLC. I don't have enough posts to post links yet, but Topher has posted their website above. Paul is very professional and very helpful and got me all the parts I need in a timely manner. Since I'm in China I'm still waiting for the shipment to arrive, but so far I'm very impressed with Paul and Roaster Dynamics. If any Ambex owners need support or parts I highly recommend contacting Paul.

Thank you all for your posts and help.

Sincerely,
    Eddie Clark

This sometimes revitalizes the buttons: Disassemble the controller to remove the headpiece. You will see gold plated contacts on the printed circuit board below the buttons. Using a clean, new, soft rubbery pencil eraser gently clean the gold contacts to remove contaminants. Talk an alcohol wipe, or a q tip dipped in isopropyl alcohol and gently clean the bottom of the buttons. Let dry and reassemble. Hopefully you will recover the functions you need.

There is no need to buy a WATLOW from Ambex: you can buy it anywhere cheaper. Try eBay, there are both new and used ones there. You can buy a cheap used/even broken one to harvest its parts.
    BTW, I didn't know people in China roast coffee, I thought most of them drink instant...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links