hello
i own one Probat roaster, but i dont know to much about machine
i hope someone can help me
P7080010.JPGP7080012.JPGP7080016.JPGP7080020.JPGP7080026.JPG

What do you think about this roaster?

ChikaZ

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Its worked last time before 6-7 years, i have all parts. should be work now, i hope.
in a relatively good condition.
I can made pictures from back if you want
What do you think how much it is worth?

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
It is not worth much. What is the roasting size of the machine.
I am sure this will need total restoration to be working properly. You will need to take this and restore from the frame.
I would say if this is around 15k - 20 k machine, around 4-5,000 as it is. If it is restored, around 20-30k

JumpinJakJava

Dec 12, 2011
Thomaston, CT
Visit site
What an old beauty! Looks like it has a cast iron burner door(talk about heavy duty!)
I really like the gas valve, it has weathered well. I would say this is a 30-40k machine at least by the size of the cooling tray.
Bet it is very heavy. Do you plan on having it restored? You have come upon a treasure!
Thanks for sharing the pics.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
What an old beauty! Looks like it has a cast iron burner door(talk about heavy duty!)
I really like the gas valve, it has weathered well. I would say this is a 30-40k machine at least by the size of the cooling tray.
Bet it is very heavy. Do you plan on having it restored? You have come upon a treasure!
Thanks for sharing the pics.

Don't get caught up on the beauty of old machine. This clearly need tons of work done and if this is around 20-25 kg machine, which I think it is, it is not worth much because of the condition of this machine.

Second Generation Probat UG25

This is the machine similar to the one he has. ofcourse not the same machine. But this machine is retored and have after burner which is worth about 10-12,000 dollars.
This machine will be worth more if it is restored but not going to be worth 40,000. More like 20-30,000 after restoration.
As it is, worth maybe 5,000.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
even though this roaster is in very rough shape, I would suspect there will be tons of people who would want to restore this for fun or pleasure. If you price them right, you won't have hard time selling this.

Good Luck

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
holy crap. It looked smaller. One baggers are normally around 100,000 -150,000 new. Rule of thumb is around 1000 per kilo is the going rate for the used Probat. If it is completely restored, its worth around 60,000. As it is, it is hard to price them since there are so many variables. i agree with JJJ, It is great find or if it is yours, try to contact some used dealers and have them price it for you. Most of the large coffee roasters for sale are all consignments anyways.

JumpinJakJava

Dec 12, 2011
Thomaston, CT
Visit site
Sorry CoffeeJunky! I still get caught up with the beauty. I do realize the work and cost of the renovation and restoration.
But I do so appreciate the loving care in resurrecting an old machine like this. I would not have the time and patience.

I cannot tell you how many times I have visited Sweet Maria's website to check out the pics of so many aged roasters,
what a variety of workmanship.

I love my Ambex, but hope some day to possess a Probat or a Victoria.

6 tons!

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Nothing to be sorry about. And I didn't think this was 60kg roaster. So at the end of it all, your estimation was correct. lol

I wish I had space and money to restore beauties like these. I do often check out Sweet Maria website as well for their old beauties. They are awesome, aren't they? ;)

ChikaZ

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Ppl ty for you help and information. You helped me a lot
Unfortunately I do not have much time and practice for restoration
So now I plan to sell it

If someone has a good deal, surely we can made a deal

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Contact the CoffeeTech guys and send them the picture for their opinion.
These probats are in demand so they might know of someone who is willing to take on this type of work.

Good Luck