Which coffee roaster is the BEST?!?!?!

Redtea

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Which coffee roaster is the ABSOLUTE best? I would please, love to know!
Thanks!

-Redtea

Last edited by a moderator:

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Whichever coffee is in my cup at the time, that one's the best.

That's my way of looking at it, and it lets me enjoy what I'm drinking rather than think 'oh, there's something I'd enjoy more'.

There is no way to answer your question. Everyone's palate is different, and we all have our own favorites; I could tell you Panama Geisha is the best, and you might not like it at all.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
i beleive the op asked which roaster is the best. at any rate, the best one depends on the size of your pocket book

You're right, namballe. It's eldub's fault, he planted the wrong idea in my head. ;-)

But I still say there's no way to answer the question.

I love how noobs will ask such a broad, vague question w/o giving any specifics as to their own situation - what size, what volume they need, any budgetary concerns - and think we as a group have such wisdom and insight that we can read their minds.

Hey Redtea... what's the best car for me to buy? What's the absolute best computer?

kboom1

Nov 27, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
Visit site
In otherwords, Weather you have a home built or top shelf roaster the biggest limitation you will have is the limitations of your skills. In roasting you can get from point A to point B 50 different ways. Best advice you can get is to invest in what you can afford and enjoy the journey.

Redtea

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry everyone. I guess it was a little vague BUT I am a newbie so thanks for calling me out on that. I guess I just want to hear everyone's personal opinions. I've tried many different types of coffee with different roasters, but personally, what have YOU tried that you have ABSOLUTELY LOVED???

-Noob4lyfe

PerfectDayCoffee

May 28, 2012
New jersey
Visit site
Its also important to research them and talk to the manufacturers (Diedrich is so proud of his innovations he will talk forever to an appreciative listener) You have to imagine that the top brands still in business must be pretty darned good. But they all go about the same thing differently. airflow, double or single drums of different materials, heat source. You have to try them if you can. Talk to users - an SCAA or Roasters guild event is a good place to find both and then figure whose thinking makes sense to you. - And then swear by it! Since once you learn how to use the thing, assuming you cup well - You'll be making good coffee no matter which you choose

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Mine is the very, very, very best. Buy my coffee and find out for yourself.

So, it appears that this thread is not about which coffee roaster (machine) is the best, it's about which roaster (person) and which of that roaster's coffee is the best.

It's a matter of opinion. I think we'll get a lot of responses from roasters trying to toot their own horns.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I am the best home roaster. So MINE.... lol... hahaha but I have to say, we have tons of great roasters on this board. Topher, Eldub, John, and expat and many many more. So if you are looking for great roasters, you are in the right place.