Reccomendations to record roasting profiles

mespinosa

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I'm new to the forum here. Was wondering if anyone would recommend some ways to record roasting information for a Deidrich IR-12. Just something to[FONT=&quot] monitor/record our roasting temperatures and timing to computer.[/FONT]
Any information you guys can provide for me would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

sae

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
artisan - it's free and awesome. If you already have a thermocouple installed then you can just "split" the signal. You'll need to have a thermocouple reader with USB out to connect to your computer.

trk_koa

Aug 2, 2013
Reno, NV
Visit site
I have an IR-3 and use the RoastMaster app on my iPad. Had to buy a few components including j-thermocouple extension wire. There is a shopping list and detailed instructions on their web site. Rainfroginc. I'm not affiliated with the app in any way except being addicted to it. I can't imagine going back to manual temp recording.

soundisgood

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Typica seems pretty neat. Haven't used it but it has some cool features. I'd post a link but I guess I'm not qualified for that.

searching this will get you there... randomfield typica

mespinosa

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Thank you all for the programs to use. I will look into it, as for equipment, what do you recommend?
Should I just purchase the thermocouples? and where do you think would be the best spot to hook them up?

Seb

Mar 18, 2014
Quebec/Canada
Visit site
I also use Roastmaster app on my iPad and this is a very good app. It can also track all your inventory just like your roasts. Just type Roastmaster app in YouTube and you will find their channel with few videos showing all the possibility.

kboom1

Nov 27, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
Visit site
I just ordered a USRC sample roaster and had them install ktype thermocouples for BT/ET and was planning on using an Omega HH806AU with Artisan. Is this the best logger to use with Artisan and is Artisan the easiest program to use? I would have started my own post but answers might be good info for the op also.:wink:

Last edited: