Looking to upgrade from my popper

travieso2989

Mar 17, 2014
Louisville, KY
Visit site
Hello,

so I'm starting to have some people order coffee from me. Awesome, but it takes me forever to make 1 lb of coffee and I need to do something about the smoke/smell since I don't want to annoy my neighbors. I've seen people mod the stir crazy with the conventional oven, but I was wondering if there are any entry level suggestions under $300. Also if anyone has suggestions for taking care of the smile/smell.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Why not go the modded SC/TO route? I've used two of them together, to net ~4#/hr., and they are very controllable and reliable; they've held up for literally thousands of lbs, translating into very happy customers. Also, the learning/experience from those was transferable to a larger drum roaster. You can start with all new parts and build one for right around $100.

travieso2989

Mar 17, 2014
Louisville, KY
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out where to find the ST/CO separate or possibly together. I've seen recommendations to get the Turbo Oven S-2000, but does anyone know if the S-2002 works as well?

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Sunpentown is the maker of the CO top units most people are using when buying new. I'd have to look, but think the 2002 is the digital model, and the rotary knob on the S-2000 works better.