Anyone know anything about Mill City Roasters?

ODanchez

Jan 31, 2014
USA
Visit site
Hi Everyone!
Hubby and I were looking at the TJ-067 1KG GAS COFFEE ROASTER. It's about $4,000, but we couldn't find a whole lot of information on them on the web. According to the reviews on their website it seems to be nice, but we also know it would be easy for them to make fake reviews on their own site. Anyone know anything about them? Also does $4,000 sound too steep for such a small batch roaster? Would love to hear your opinions and advice! Thanks everyone! :smile:

kboom1

Nov 27, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
Visit site
This roaster is well documented on other forums like H-B & GCBC and has a decent user base. Looks like a decent roaster and Steve from Mill City does offer some US support. Call and talk to Steve, he answers his phones. I bent his ear for about an hour before I purchased my USRC. The 1 downside to this roaster is it's weight for being a tabletop roaster (over 200 lbs) but other than that and it being a Chineese roaster, $4,000 is a bargan. I paid over $6,400 for a USRC 1lber but with that comes better build quality and US support. I still might order one from Steve down the road from now.

ODanchez

Jan 31, 2014
USA
Visit site
Good to know! We also looked at the US roasters and really liked them. Still may go with them someday, but just looking at all our options. Thanks!