Toll Roasting - South Florida

nv305

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Good morning members,

I am looking for a toll roaster here in South Florida.. Any and all help is appreciated. I did a couple google searches and I'm not having a great deal of luck.

Thanks for your time,

nick

nv305

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I can give you few names but I don't know if they will appreciate that. I guess it all depends on what you are trying accomplish.

Well I would greatly appreciate it haha! I am looking to get a few sample roasts and then ultimately to roast larger quantities. I have contacted Eternity Roasters, relatively new op, but they seem a bit on the high side in reference to what I know other people are spending on roasting given a similar size op...

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
I've done toll-roasting often, even though I've never heard it called that. My terms are that I'll roast anytime for anyone, for the same profit per lb. I make when I roast for my customers. 7$/lb.

nv305

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I've done toll-roasting often, even though I've never heard it called that. My terms are that I'll roast anytime for anyone, for the same profit per lb. I make when I roast for my customers. 7$/lb.

interesting peter, i have always called it that even before I jumped on the forum. I found a roaster down here for $5/lb, but find that rather high when I know of another buddy who does it for about 1.50/lb in northern florida

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
NV305,
If you are supplying the beans, 5 dollars per pound seem to be very high. But at 1.50 per pound, it won't be worth for anyone.
It really depends on how much you are going to roast as well.

So you need someone who has multiple of different roaster to accommodate from the larger quantity you are trying to get later which won't be easy to find unless there are small time roasters in your area who doesn't mind making much money to put in few hours to roast your beans.

nv305

May 18, 2014
Visit site
NV305,
If you are supplying the beans, 5 dollars per pound seem to be very high. But at 1.50 per pound, it won't be worth for anyone.
It really depends on how much you are going to roast as well.

So you need someone who has multiple of different roaster to accommodate from the larger quantity you are trying to get later which won't be easy to find unless there are small time roasters in your area who doesn't mind making much money to put in few hours to roast your beans.

I looking for someone who can maybe sample as well as roast about 100-150lbs. The sample roasting I can get done elsewhere if I can only get someone to roast the larger amount .

cestrin

Jul 19, 2013
Tempe, AZ
Visit site
interesting peter, i have always called it that even before I jumped on the forum. I found a roaster down here for $5/lb, but find that rather high when I know of another buddy who does it for about 1.50/lb in northern florida

If you have a friend that will roast for $1.50/lb, what are you asking for exactly? Are you trying to see if you can find someone for cheaper? It sounds like to could go to your friend. That sounds like a VERY reasonable price to me...

nv305

May 18, 2014
Visit site
If you have a friend that will roast for $1.50/lb, what are you asking for exactly? Are you trying to see if you can find someone for cheaper? It sounds like to could go to your friend. That sounds like a VERY reasonable price to me...

I said I know of a friend that gets his roasted in northern fl for that amount

nv305

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I am in Delray Beach. How much are you looking to have roasted and how do you want it packaged?

Topher - I am looking for roasting of 100lbs and I can provide the packaging. The packaging is valve with tin-tie.

@coffeeJunky been trying to get a hold of topher! I saw a post from 2 years ago..

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
email me your name and a contact number. I can call you tomorrow.
talk to you soon.

Topher - I am looking for roasting of 100lbs and I can provide the packaging. The packaging is valve with tin-tie.

@coffeeJunky been trying to get a hold of topher! I saw a post from 2 years ago..