Guatemala Trip

nv305

May 18, 2014
Visit site
All,

I have seen that it is rather popular for people to post about their adventures of coffee...

I am going back to Guatemala this weekend to check up on a few things on the farms so I will be posting the adventure..

nv305

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello nv305

I hope you have a safe journey and a very enjoyable and interesting adventure in Guatemala.

We'll be looking forward to seeing your posts (and maybe some photos?).

Rose

Thank you!...I will be posting and will have plenty of photos and aerial shots for you guys

nv305

May 18, 2014
Visit site
upypajy2.jpg

Finally made it out to the farm today and the coffee is looking pretty good...

nv305

May 18, 2014
Visit site
All,

After two days of rain I was finally able to go to the farm and check on this year's crop and the nursery. It appears I am ahead of schedule and will be able to go to another farm I am associated with so I will be visiting that on Friday. This year the crop is looking really good and excited for the upcoming harvest.

I will probably be uploading a link to a Dropbox folder containing a few hundred pictures.

y4atebeq.jpg
a8ypyja7.jpg
9udumyse.jpg
aha8a6e7.jpg
2a4ububa.jpg
huguqena.jpg
zu6ujy4u.jpg

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Thanks! Don't want moderators getting upset by too many pictures. Will post a link tomorrow.

Is that you in the photo?
Do you need to watch out for other things, like poison ivy, that may be growing along with the coffee plants?

It's great to see such nice pictures! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Rose

nv305

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Is that you in the photo?
Do you need to watch out for other things, like poison ivy, that may be growing along with the coffee plants?

It's great to see such nice pictures! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Rose

Yes it is PinkRose. I've never had a problem with that, but I'm always with the head farmer and he is well aware of the farm since he is here every day. The property is very well maintained.

This year we have already replanted about 3200 trees and as you can see from the nursery we have some ready to plant and others that still need to stay for a while.

I'm glad that you enjoyed them. Btw this coffee is caturra just incase you wanted to know, I forgot to mention.

More to come..

Nick

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
hey Nicolas,
hope that you are having a great time there.
My Guatemalan Partner, Daniel, was supposed to get together with you and check out your family owned farm in Antigua, but for some reason, that did not happen.
I will be also going to Antigua very soon and I would like to visit your farm for possible future business.

Since you are posting photos and information..etc, I am certain that some of forum members also wants to visit your farm when they have chance to go to Antigua.
so, please let us know your farm in Antigua name and direction and contact person. Since your family owns the farm, i am sure that they will give us good information and greetings.
i will appreciate it.

nv305

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I'd be interested to hear what the farmer is saying about 'rust'.

I know this past harvest it wasn't a problem, but I believe a harvest or 2 ago there was a wave that came through. I would need to confirm for you. As many of your should know I was through into this rather quickly.