Looking For Some Easy Tips On Roasting. (Help!)

rchristopherwhite

Dec 27, 2013
Austin, Texas
Visit site
Hi guys! I am a senior in college and I love coffee.

My goal is to start an online business roasting coffee and then mozy my way into a coffee shop providing various products and services.

My first step, I gotta learn how to roast. I am in Austin, Texas and haven't found any training courses on making expresso, lattes, capuchinos, and most importanly, roasting. So I have been learning from various resources that the google machine has to offer.

So I thought I would hit up this forum and ask you guys for some simple steps, feedback, etc. Anything would be helpful and I am obviously willing to learn.

Hope that this message reaches you in good health!

-Ryan

Last edited:

Redswing

May 30, 2013
Northern California
Visit site
You need to head over to Sweet Marias.com and start reading. I suggest if you're serious, invest $700 in a Hot Top tabletop roaster, get yourself 20 lbs of some sort of green beans, and just get started.

rowster

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
start in a frying pan. that's what I'm doing, and it really lets you see close up the changes in the bean and what's happening.
once I learn how the roast affects the coffee I will get into a proper roaster, but nothing beans an open pan for learning.
pick up a couple pounds of green, and just do it!

Latest posts