Help phidget 1048

alexlauren

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi all

I'm looking into the phidgets 1048 to use as my data logging .
I am not familiar with it but lots of my friend in Europe use it.

Need some help how to hook it up and also what probe k type are best for this type .

Thank you :)

alexlauren

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
After a quick look on the site, it looks like the 1048 has a max. temperature range of 70 C.....that's way below what you'll be roasting at.

The inventor of artisan told me to use this one with the right case and thermocouple . But I want to make sure . I was looking into tc4 arduino uno r3 and they told me the phidget Is more faster .

MillCityRoasters

Jun 25, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Visit site
We use the Phidget 1048 with K type thermocouples of all sorts. You can set up Artisan for the 1048 by going to "configuration", choosing "meter", and them choosing "Phidget 1048" from the drop down menu.

In our experience, the Phidget allows the broadest range of thermocouple options without feedback issues plus it's the easiest to set up.

alexlauren

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
We use the Phidget 1048 with K type thermocouples of all sorts. You can set up Artisan for the 1048 by going to "configuration", choosing "meter", and them choosing "Phidget 1048" from the drop down menu.

In our experience, the Phidget allows the broadest range of thermocouple options without feedback issues plus it's the easiest to set up.

Thanks for your reply . That makes me feel better .-)
Which kind of k probe do u suggest works better?

I found a good price on a phidget 1048 with clear case now I want to buy also a good k type.

alexlauren

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site

I found a good price on a phidget 1048 with clear case now I want to buy also a good k type.

MillCityRoasters

Jun 25, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Visit site

You'll probably want an ungrounded K-type thermocouple. They are all the same except for maybe the wire gauge.

I like Auber Instruments (auberins.com) and Zoro Tools on Ebay.

There are differences in quality and you do get what you pay for, but a $4 TC from Ebay will work pretty much exactly the same. The cheap ones are usually of lighter construction and lesser quality control. Sometimes they last forever and sometimes they fail after a couple of roasts. At that price, I buy a couple at a time just to have spares handy.

alexlauren

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
You'll probably want an ungrounded K-type thermocouple. They are all the same except for maybe the wire gauge.

There are differences in quality and you do get what you pay for, but a $4 TC from Ebay will work pretty much exactly the same. The cheap ones are usually of lighter construction and lesser quality control. Sometimes they last forever and sometimes they fail after a couple of roasts. At that price, I buy a couple at a time just to have spares handy.

Thank you for your advice !!:I agree for cheap u csn get few in Stock -))

alexlauren

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site

Thank you for your advice !!:I agree for cheap u csn get few in Stock -))

Latest posts