What Roaster Are You Using And Why?

jmcqueen

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I am interested in finding out which roaster members own and why they own that roaster vs. the others they may have considered.

Redswing

May 30, 2013
Northern California
Visit site
I chose a San Franciscan. For me, it came down to the brands reputation, the helpfulness of the staff at Coffee Per, and that it is one of the closest manufacturers to where I live.

But, and you probably have already heard this a time or two, most every roaster has people who swear by it. I liken it to choosing the "best" guitar. If you are a great guitar player, you can make pretty much any guitar sing beautifully (assuming you are spending a decent amount of money on a guitar people in the industry tryically respect). It's your skills that make or break the end result.

That being said, I still chose SF over something like an Ambex. Due mostly to the components they put into their machines and their history/reputation. Doesn't hurt that it looks way better than any other roaster out there. :)

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
San Franciscan, an excellent choice!

I use a FreshRoastSystems roaster for the following reasons.

1) Zero Emissions. No venting needed!
1a) Being one of the first in a small handful of roaster/retailers able to have this machine is still an honor.

2) Allows more precise control of the roast via laser refractometry analysis taking 2000 readings per second. This translates to superb profiling and repeatable results regardless of internal or external factors.

3) Small. Great roaster. Meets my needs perfectly.

4) The techs and President of the company are great to work with.

5) My results (made much easier with this roaster) speak for themselves. Ask around.

DorothyGonzalez

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
San Franciscan is the BEST!!!

Franciscan Roaster is everything you'd expect from the best. The elegance of its appearance is a reflection of the quality beneath the surface. It is made to give us a maximize productivity and to minimize maintenance that means it can help us to do our roasting easier.:)

jmcqueen

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
dorothy, thanks for the recommendation. i have corresponded with Bill a couple of times on a SF-6, what other roasters did you look at and why, ultimately, did you go with the SF? by "BEST", what do you mean from a comparative standpoint?