Installation

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Make sure they know how to proper cut and seal the roof. Metal roofs and rubber roofs I found that a Decktite boot works the best

slurp

Jun 24, 2014
Hollywood Fl
Visit site
I am guessing you are referring to installing venting for a roaster. Keep in mind that the piping for a roaster needs to be 15k deg straight pipe. This is not a normal pipe for a HAVC contractor. I only bring this up because when mine was installed it was the wrong piping. Knowing to pay attention to making sure the correct product is installed you can have a regular HAVC company install the pipe.

Hope this helps.

Bardo

May 13, 2013
Port Republic, MD
Visit site
Thanks for the input guys. Not there yet, but looking forward to getting a roaster installed in a new site, I am looking for the right contractors to handle it. I know I will need to be the responsible party for the material and code requirements. Is the 15k degree straight pipe you referred to readily available from the HVAC supply houses, or is there a specialty marketplace for it? Thanks for the help. Oh, and can you explain the nomenclature of 15k degree straight pipe? As in, 15000 degree? That would seem like a lot! And can there be no bends in the pipe on its way out the building?

slurp

Jun 24, 2014
Hollywood Fl
Visit site
The pipe is not a common pipe and more than likely will have to be ordered, it may be more common in areas that get cold. Here in Florida any heat related items are hard to get as it is all ready hot. It is not impossible to get just make sure it is the correct one. The temp ratings but if your using an after burner there is a lot of heat there. This pipe basically s a double walled pipe.

If your in South Florida or the Denver area I can refer you to contractor.

Bends in the pipes will lead to build up that will need to be cleaned more frequently. No cleaning leads to fire. Better to have less bends.

Last edited:

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Nordfab has been suggested by many Roasters. I use Selkirk Metalbestos which the inside pipe is stainless with one inch of ceramic insulation and the outer pipe is aluminum. Positive pressure pipe. Listed under C1 and C2 on their website. It is pricey but the FD will never give you a hard time nor will you ever get burnt if you touch it. Simple to assemble. My pipe goes straight up. Did not want any bends. My plumber has knowledge of how to install this type and I have a roofer who installed boot on the roof. I assembled the pipe myself.
10447520_795568960476182_4116685339377178348_n.jpg

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Here is a pic of the Nordfab pipe I use for my sample roaster. Really easy to assemble. This is all stainless but you can purchase aluminum. Priced reasonable.
Nordfab.jpg