Boot Coffee Online Videos

Redswing

May 30, 2013
Northern California
Visit site
What about bad reviews? Want those too? :)

My answer isn't definitive, as I went through the Coffee Pro package a little over a year ago, and I am not sure exactly what the video library is. I would say the potential of the info depends upon where you are at. If roasting is new to you, then it will be helpful. It was for me. I gleaned a lot of great insight. As a matter of fact, my approach to roasting is built on his teaching. I haven't heard too many of those principles talked down on around this forum. I went through the course right after I purchased my 6 lb roaster, and it helped me start to grasp the process a little better. If I had taken it when I was pan, whirly pop, or behmore roasting, it wouldn't have been as applicable because of the lack of probes and such.

Not to be too glowing, I occasionally felt like it wasn't worth it. Mostly due to his style...he is the kind of guy who uses a lot of words to get a small idea across. Sometimes he never did. I also didn't feel as "equipped" as the promos said I would upon completion.

How's that for a discombobulated response?

MSM

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I took the full package online course offerings a couple years ago. I totally agree with RedSwing. There is some solid information in the course work, but I also came away feeling not any more equipped than before.

That said, I had already been roasting commercially for several years. I had completed the Q program. Through all of this, I had spent countless hours digging up any info I could find on roasting concepts, bouncing ideas off fellow roasters, trying to critically taste and catalogue batches, and just enjoying coffee through experimentation. I felt that the courses would be more equipping if there could be a atmosphere of dialogue. That is no doubt impossible to accomplish via online teaching. I'd bet the in person courses at Boot would address this much more efficiently.

Ultimately, it's good info. It is informative and helpful to the novice roaster. It does not require a ton of money or traveling hassles. It will satisfy some people and leave some others with more questions than answers..... But maybe that's not such a bad thing.....

PerfectDayCoffee

May 28, 2012
New jersey
Visit site
Yes thanks for the input. I have been at it commercially for a few years. I am always interested in new ideas. I saw a profile of his that is shaped very different than anything I do. So, I was intrigued. But i am too far along to pay to be reminded that its all in the cup.
Thanks all

FuelSoGood

Jul 2, 2014
Tullahoma, TN
Visit site
I subscribed to the Boot Coffee video training as well. I will agree with Redswing. Though the information was good (especially for getting started), the delivery just wasn't really a good match to my learning style.

Latest posts