Gas pressure Gauge Fluctuating

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
anyone ever come across this with their roaster. New building, new gas. When I hooked up the roaster to the gas line, the manometer and gas pressure adjustment gauge started bouncing when it was fired up. I turned on the room heat assuming it might be some trapped air and after a few minutes the manometer settled but the burner pressure gauge keeps bouncing. Never had this problem at the old facility. This is on Nat gas. Water column is at 7. With nat gas the burner gauge does not go above 3 and I spent the day roasting without any problems but it is annoying. Snubber would probably cure it but I need to know what is causing it.

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
Hey Charles, I had that problem, did loads of diagnosis, and in the end it was a bad pressure gauge. Although odd that it does that on your first roast so could easily be 10 other things. The gauge is a cheap fix though and if it isn't the gauge you've bought yourself a back-up.

By the way, whatever happened to your trip to Ireland?

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Thanks, had the gas company down and they changed out my meter. The manometer stays at 7wc and burner pressure gauge bounced like crazy. I have several spare gauges that were better quality than what was on the roaster. Installed that last night and the needle only vibrates a little. The flame has always been ok blue and steady, never a problem. Just seemed strange that both gauges, manometer and burner pressure started fluctuating when I first started it up.
Ireland was put on hold until later. Opening this new shop next week and my free time will be history until at least late spring time. You moved to Dublin Expat? I thought I saw a post staing you were moving to the other side. Need to come over and get an real Black and Tan spoon!! and of course sample the Guinness there.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Peter I converted it over NG 4 years ago and it never flinched. Might have been the wrong pressure coming in and pinged the gauge and it never recovered.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Sorry Charlie( I love sayin that) I saw your text yesterday and never had a chance to respond...trying to get ready for National Coffee day and it's kicking my in the teeth! I will try and ring you later today.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
"Sorry Charlie( I love sayin that)" hahaha! Thanks Chris! Glad I do not use "chuck" you would probably be banned!!