Need a used roaster under 5k

jrojas576

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Hey there guys, any tips on where to find a used roaster for 500g/1.1lb under $5,000 primarily for display but will also be used to do some in house roasting (primary roaster is offsite /not in the shop and won't be).

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
They are crappy roaster made by cheap Chinese roaster maker. 1kg machine sells for around 1800 and Mill city marks up to 4000. Avoid this roaster if you are going to roast commercially.

jrojas576

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
What would you all recommend for a shop then, I've seen several mixed reviews and feelingsee so far on the mill city roaster.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
They are crappy roaster made by cheap Chinese roaster maker. 1kg machine sells for around 1800 and Mill city marks up to 4000. Avoid this roaster if you are going to roast commercially.

CJ... either you have experience with these roasters from a long, long time ago, or you don't have first hand experience; they are very good roasters. I've seen them and roasted a few batches; they're overbuilt, using good parts, and do exactly what they're supposed to do.

Where do you get your $1800 number from? Do you know all the costs involved with importing/distributing/servicing/certifying/etc that you can say what kind of profit Mill City should charge? I don't think so.

Hankua

Nov 11, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Visit site
Here's one, and I think it's Steve's listing, Mill City Roasters.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291355265918

I really doubt the North machine can be had for $1800, and Steve mentioned he has drilled down about the production of these machines by JRC? sp. Even the Chinese one pounder (FujiRoyal) knockoff's are going over $2500.

Considering the the goods reviews and support from MillCity I wouldn't hesitate to buy a 1K, if it met my business/personal criteria.

MillCityRoasters

Jun 25, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Visit site
Here's one, and I think it's Steve's listing, Mill City Roasters.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291355265918

I really doubt the North machine can be had for $1800, and Steve mentioned he has drilled down about the production of these machines by JRC? sp. Even the Chinese one pounder (FujiRoyal) knockoff's are going over $2500.

Considering the the goods reviews and support from MillCity I wouldn't hesitate to buy a 1K, if it met my business/personal criteria.

Thanks Hank. I appreciate your vote of confidence, but that link is for a used USRC sample roaster I'm done playing with. We have a couple of North models on our Ebay store too. Anyone sufficiently interested can track down the store through that listing or do a Google search for our website.

USRC makes a pretty nice roaster and I can't help be a little flattered you thought it was ours. :coffee: