Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    102

    Question Who Uses Cropster? Thoughts?

    I'm really liking what I've seen on their website (www.Cropster.com), and I've seen a few folks recommend it. Just wondering who here uses Cropster, and what your thoughts are. Worth the money?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Hollywood Fl
    Posts
    382
    What are you going to use it for? Roasting or cupping?

    Our automation is all Roaster Dynamics.
    Great coffee does not just happen!
    South Florida Artisan Coffee Roaster

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    658
    Roaster Dynamics has the best software for the money. User friendly and great support. If you want to try a free software, take a look at Typica.
    Charlie
    If you are afraid of failure or losing money, quit while you are ahead

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by slurp View Post
    What are you going to use it for? Roasting or cupping?

    Our automation is all Roaster Dynamics.
    Primarily roasting. I know of Roaster Dynamics, but I'll do a bit more research on it.

    What about the cupping aspect? Anyone use Cropster for that?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    145
    Typica is free, and can be put on any OS (Windows, Mac, Linux) and the guy who developed it has a ton of content and feedback via YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw7...XvqL7KKyw4GSoA. He uses a Diedrich, so its definitely a plus for Diedrich users as he gets into detail on the hardware associated with the software. I am sure this can all be translated to any roaster though.

    Btw is this dude on coffeeforums?

    Quote Originally Posted by chast View Post
    Roaster Dynamics has the best software for the money. User friendly and great support. If you want to try a free software, take a look at Typica.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD18 View Post
    Typica is free, and can be put on any OS (Windows, Mac, Linux) and the guy who developed it has a ton of content and feedback via YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw7...XvqL7KKyw4GSoA. He uses a Diedrich, so its definitely a plus for Diedrich users as he gets into detail on the hardware associated with the software. I am sure this can all be translated to any roaster though.

    Btw is this dude on coffeeforums?
    To be perfectly honest, his YouTube Channel Trailer is scaring me just a bit.


  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    102
    But yes ... his software looks intriguing. I had actually watched the video of him developing a roast profile several weeks ago. Didn't know he writes the software and shares it, though. Pretty cool.

 

 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. My thoughts on Starbucks
    By jellyfish in forum Coffee Reviews
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 11:53 AM
  2. Thoughts on new coffee website
    By mycoffeebarn in forum Coffee Websites
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 10:19 AM
  3. Location Thoughts
    By jlat in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & Cafes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-25-2007, 04:27 PM
  4. My ideas and your thoughts
    By traylor1 in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & Cafes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-09-2005, 08:16 PM
  5. Some Thoughts ...
    By userbee in forum Caffeine Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-20-2005, 11:39 AM