Profiling software upgrade for US Corp 3 kilo electric

BikeNerd

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I am looking to get some sort of profiling software system for my us corp electric 3 kilo machine. I have been searching for them for the past few months and am feeling a bit overwhelmed. Is there a system out there that you can install new thermocouples and run a usb to your computer? I am wanting to look at a predetermined roast profile and have a guide while roasting in the future. Nothing fully automated, just a visual reference would be amazing since my machine is electric and has less control than a gas roaster. I have seen quite a few options, but not exactly sure what will work with my machine.

Thanks

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
If you want to purchase a great system, contact Paul Ribich from Roaster Dynamics. If you want to take a chance with a free system look at Typica. Neal Wilson designed this. Paul's system is about the best out there with great customer support. he is located in FL

slurp

Jun 24, 2014
Hollywood Fl
Visit site
If you want to purchase a great system, contact Paul Ribich from Roaster Dynamics. If you want to take a chance with a free system look at Typica. Neal Wilson designed this. Paul's system is about the best out there with great customer support. he is located in FL

+1

Paul is working on some stuff for me now. He is great to deal with.

alexlauren

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a 3kg US as well gas , I use artisan (free ) , if you need manage multiple roasters or inventory go with cropster(not free)

Hi all,

I am looking to get some sort of profiling software system for my us corp electric 3 kilo machine. I have been searching for them for the past few months and am feeling a bit overwhelmed. Is there a system out there that you can install new thermocouples and run a usb to your computer? I am wanting to look at a predetermined roast profile and have a guide while roasting in the future. Nothing fully automated, just a visual reference would be amazing since my machine is electric and has less control than a gas roaster. I have seen quite a few options, but not exactly sure what will work with my machine.

Thanks

BikeNerd

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Alexlauren,

I'm looking at using artisan as well. What probe/thermometer combo are you using? I've been looking at omega's website and searching around for the most accurate combinations.

Thanks for your help,

Bikenerd

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Bikenerd... I purchased Omega's for my non-USRC roaster. You may want to see if Dan/USRC sells any type of thermocouple kit for your 3K. I'm talking to him about a gas 5K and I know its an option. Your thermocouple's will plug directly into a Amprobe TMD-55 > Laptop USB > Artisan. Works like a charm and all under $300. Once you have a profile developed that you like you can load it as 'wallpaper/background' so you can try and match. I recommend getting the thermocouples / logger and try out Artisan & Typica... both have pros/cons.