Cement Mixer For Blending

JohnD18

Jan 5, 2015
New York
Visit site
Does anyone use a cement mixer (or the like) for blending? Specifically something like this: Proforce 1/2 HP Portable Cement Mixer-105890DPT - The Home Depot.

I went to an SCAA event and a guy I met said they're very useful. If you do, do you find any preference as to mixing before vs after the roast process? I feel like I'd want to develop the profile on each of the blends solo first, then mix the appropriate measurements of each before roasting.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
A company near me uses one for flavoring. My only problem that I see with blending large qty of beans is when you bag them, you will never get the proper ratio for the blend. If a blend calls for 1/3 1/3 1/3 and you mix up a 60 lb batch, there is no way that the blend is equal when distributed. I blend after roasting individually. Just the way I do it. Coffeetec has some on their site and you want to make sure that the plastic liner is FDA

Last edited:

slurp

Jun 24, 2014
Hollywood Fl
Visit site
Grainger sells the food grade mixers, also you can fond on the Roasterexchanged.com.

They are mostly used for adding chemicals to coffee to make flavored coffee.

Very few people use them to post roast mix a blend.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Why not just blend in your cooling bin? How many pounds are we talking? I bought the one from coffeetec years ago...then I bought from Grainger. Same machine less expensive.