A Question For Roasters - Market Research

I am working on a conceptual business plan for class that revolves around funding small roasters the capital to begin direct trading and then selling their coffee through coffee subscriptions.
What input I would love from some roasters is whether or not you believe there would be a market of small roasters willing to receive funding to trade directly in exchange for coffee.
What does direct trading really mean for small roasters, what are the difficulties of jumping into it?

There are a lot of finer details in the business plan I would love to share if anybody would like to know them, but I would really appreciate input surrounding these questions for viable market research in a very specific market. Thanks in advance!

Hello Hayden,

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

Is this market research for a project for a business school class?

It is not specifically a business school, but I am studying business and entrepreneurship, this is for an assignment in my entrepreneurship class. We are creating plans for impact ventures, or businesses with a regular bottom line that also provide society with some sort of benefiting impact. The business aspect of my plan is to finance small roasters and provide subscriptions, my impact market is to facilitate direct trading in the coffee industry to benefit coffee growers around the globe. The ultimate goal is providing consumers with better coffee that is easy to access and to provide coffee farmers with better wages and economic stability