buckeye roasters

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Anyone use any arizona buckeye roasters ? I have my eye on the sedona elite .

Never used one. but the China factory who makes these machines are keep contacting me to buy their roasters.

Since I never used one, I do not know their quality, however, their representative, Randy Harper seems to be a knowledgeable and nice person to communicate with.

personally, I use "MADE IN GUATEMALA" Made in Antigua, Guatemala for my company. I am a friend of the roasting machine factory owner in Antigua, so he custom-made it for me. (no matter what, it is very tough to import roasters from other countries, freight, duty and other B.S. at Guatemala customs...etc)

Last edited:

mars

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
The sedona elite caught my eye because it is 10000$ . The range of roast is 1.1 to 7 lbs and it has profile . Does this sound like a great deal ?

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
Maybe it is good unless you want to roast 8 lbs., which is less than 4kg, it is more like 3.5kg. If you're in this to make money you'll outgrow a small roaster pretty quickly. I'd think about where you are trying to go and then buy accordingly. A 3.5kg roaster could quickly become an expensive Albatros or it could work for you. Look down the road a bit then spend your money as wisely as you can.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Maybe it is good unless you want to roast 8 lbs., which is less than 4kg, it is more like 3.5kg. If you're in this to make money you'll outgrow a small roaster pretty quickly. I'd think about where you are trying to go and then buy accordingly. A 3.5kg roaster could quickly become an expensive Albatros or it could work for you. Look down the road a bit then spend your money as wisely as you can.

I also completely agree with Expat. if you can, try to look for 25 to 30 pounds to start.

Music_Geek

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I think you can flip a 3k roaster really easily, but I think that until they develop some serious reputation, you will take a big hit on resale value with any of the Chinese roasters. Unless you're in China...

I am actively searching for used roaster options right now as well. I can't imagine starting off with a 12k roaster... I think 3-5k is the target, and that we know we'd outgrow it in a few years if we do really well.

I would caution OP that I don't think I've seen anyone roast 3k batches in a 3K machine. Everyone has his/her methods, but it seems that people tend to run 70-80% capacity on batches.