Which Grinder are You Using for Customer Orders?

Breifne

Feb 11, 2015
Virginia, USA
Visit site
In an ideal world, we wouldn't have to grind coffee for any customers. Wish they all knew they value of grinding it themselves.

But, since we live in an imperfect world, which grinders are you roasters running for grinding individual bags of customer-ordered coffee?

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
If you are doing volume then look into MPE grinders. If you want a real fast retail grinder, we use the Mahlkonig VST grinder. Looks like R2D2 on starwars. For flavored coffee we are using the 2 Compak grinders. Just purchased the EK43 but that is used for in house brewing
Grinders.jpgR2D2.jpgR2D2

Last edited:

Breifne

Feb 11, 2015
Virginia, USA
Visit site
Thanks, Charlie. Won't need anything too heavy-duty at first, I'd imagine. Something that will allow me to do a few hundred pounds per week, I'd say. I'm hoping *MOST* of my customers will order whole-bean.

Any suggestions on something that will do a good job with that kind of quantity without breaking the bank?

Breifne

Feb 11, 2015
Virginia, USA
Visit site
I've found a fairly new Grindmaster 890 for a very good price. I've done some reading on these grinders, and just about everything I've read is quite favorable. Anyone have any experience / thoughts on this grinder?

namballe

Aug 24, 2012
Lima, Peru
Visit site
i recently bought a Bunn G3, which is very similar to the Grindmaster. i too am in the same situation as you. for the price, flexibility,speed and durability, this is the one i chose. i think you bought an overall good grinder. check the burrs before purchase if used.

Breifne

Feb 11, 2015
Virginia, USA
Visit site
i recently bought a Bunn G3, which is very similar to the Grindmaster. i too am in the same situation as you. for the price, flexibility,speed and durability, this is the one i chose. i think you bought an overall good grinder. check the burrs before purchase if used.

Thanks for that feedback, Namballe. The more I read about it, the more I'm happy with the purchase. Got a HECK of a deal on it, too. The guy only used it lightly for a few months, so the burrs should be good. I'll be sure to check on that, though.

We have a grind master and although we don't do loads through it, it's been great. It's easy to use and as said above very popular so lots of parts available. We picked ours up off Craigslist for a steal. It had new burs put in it and was super clean. If you can get one for a good deal, I say do it.
-Daniel Kent