Roaster Gas Control Valve

empeg9000

Jul 15, 2014
East Greenbush, NY
Visit site
Hi everyone. I have a 15 Kg Ozturk roaster and it has a ball valve on the gas control. I am wondering if there is something better I could get to more accurately control gas. It seems like I have full power, and then there is 50%ish and then almost flame out. Or perhaps I just need a better gas meter? I can control airflow and I am learning more and more on using that.

sae

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Your local gas fitter should be able to help you out. Take a look at modulating gas valves (maxitrol makes some nice ones). Modulating gas valves are the nicest option but you need to provide some kind of a control (potentiometer or voltage). A cheaper option would be a needle valve (something like this Needle Valve For Propane Gas Regulators)

Beegle

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm hijacking a little but by asking but what gas meter do you have and in which part of the line do you have it installed? I am looking for something myself that I can put on the line between my control valve and the jet for the burner.

sae

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Easiest is a pressure valve that's rated for natural gas or propane that goes from 0" water column to 10-15" WC. Tee into the line after all the valves but before the orifice