Profitability of K-cups

AndyP

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Anyone having north atlantic specialty bag or another company put their locally roasted coffee in K-cups? what kind of volume do you do to make this work? I have a customer interested in this but it seems like it's hard to make it work after shipping.

opus

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Funny, I've had some people ask me to do this very thing. Totally against it, but it will be their branded coffee, not mine. I just bought 50 off eBay to see how to make it work.

wwcove

Banned
Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
You can make K Cups fresh now days and sell like fresh coffee with date of roast on bag. We bag 12 to our standard 1 lb. coffee bag- 24 to a 2 lb bag. Total cost for a K Cup filled with fresh coffee and sealed with foil lid, filter and cup is under 20 cents. Some of the guys in Phoenix are selling these 12 packs retail for $15....

... I hated the idea of K cups too... But after buying a k cup brewer and using it on days when I was in a hurry I found it a pretty good quick fix for my coffee drinks... And seeing that over 2 billion are bought a year why not look into making them with fresh coffee?

opus

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
You can make K Cups fresh now days and sell like fresh coffee with date of roast on bag. We bag 12 to our standard 1 lb. coffee bag- 24 to a 2 lb bag. Total cost for a K Cup filled with fresh coffee and sealed with foil lid, filter and cup is under 20 cents. Some of the guys in Phoenix are selling these 12 packs retail for $15....

Are you saying you package 12 into a 1# coffee bag? Assuming 9-11g of coffee per kcup?