Any well documented fluid bed coffee roaster designs?

truegentlemen

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I have cupped each but not side by side. Cupping quality vs drum is a matter of taste and will be subjective but we can expect drums to be eventually replaced by fluid bed or a different (more economical option) due to affordability. Even the best cars parts were replaced for cheaper more affordable one. This happens to all industries so unless commercial drum cost come down, fluidizes bed will be the future(imho). That said, I want to build one because of affordability and I think I can make a better one, as I have identified a few important elements that no fluid bed roasters are addressing at the moment. So I want to start with an existing working model and modify it to my needs.

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
How are things going with your construction of a fluid bed roaster? Regarding the improvements you mention...can you elaborate? I am curios, and have been toying with the idea of building one myself...especially after a little encouragement by fellow forum member Alex (ensoluna). I had the privilege to meet Michael Sivetz back in 2001, and have been studying his designs. I would love to attempt a continuous roaster set up, but the added cost and space requirement make it impractical...better to stick with something that can be put on a small skid and wheel in and out of my garage for use. Let me know how you're doing, and pm me if you have anything you'd like an opinion on...I'm good at those :)

truegentlemen

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I am on vacation in cambodia now, so haven't started the project. Many have mentioned the difference in body and less bold flavors when compared to drum roasted coffee. My design will try to address this.

truegentlemen

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Just specs? With close to equal cupping quality as a drum roaster. IDK but building one is about being able to modify it easily and understanding intricate details.

Latest posts